For the filling:
2 grilled chicken breasts
1/4 c shredded carrots
2 T chopped cilantro
1 diced avocado
For the sauce:
1/2 c tamari1/4 t grated ginger
1 clove of garlic
1T white wine
1/8 t sesame oil
2 T honey
1/2 t red pepper flakes
dash of rice vinegar
1. Dice chicken into small pieces.
2. Add to a bowl with cilantro, carrots, avocado and chopped green onions.
3. Grate ginger and garlic into a bowl. Go light on the ginger, add more later if you need it. I grate them using my micro-plane.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined. Taste test, adjusting honey if need be.
5. Pour over chicken mixture and enjoy.
I used large romaine leaves but you can use iceberg, butter lettuce or even cabbage. This recipe would make a great Asian cabbage roll! mmm...
You may be wondering what tamari is, it's a gluten free soy sauce. Recently, I've started eliminating as much gluten from my diet as I can. Not because I have to but because of the difference I feel when I chose not to have it. The taste is only slightly different. You may notice it at first but once you've had it a few times you don't realize the difference.
As I said, there weren't any left overs. My husband and I devoured these! We had two big wraps each and I (bow my head in shame) pretty darn well licked the bowl.